Helengeli in March/April? Or are there far better options.....?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcaqua

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dear all,

I am trying to put together a diving trip for a bunch of friends (4 divers) living in various countries. Most are experienced divers, and we have travelled to Khao Lak and Komodo (both liveaboards) in recent years.

This time, the Maldives seem to be the choice, and resort diving rather than a liveaboard (to accommodate spouses...). We are trying not to spend too much, while realizing everything in Maldives is going to be more expensive than in SE Asia. We are looking for the big pelagics (as everyone else, I should imagine!) and for a restful place to stay.

I read in some travel fora that Helengeli could be nice, but am unsure how much "serious" diving will be available there.

Most grateful for any advice, on when and where to go. If you feel it is absurd not to go for a liveaboard, and have comfortable boats with a good diving team to suggest, we could still choose to do that.
icon_biggrin.gif

Many thanks and best regards,

Rene

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom