• Turn dive at 1/2 tank + 300-500PSI

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Follow the DM

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 300PSI +100PSI for every 10 feet in depth

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GCullen94

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Starting a new poll with the suggestions from the old thread. I was wondering what gas plan/dive plan people would use for a boat dive in the 80-100 foot range, using recreational limits. The boat is moored above a wreck and you would like to surface by the boat but it isn't necessary, current is minimal. Also what is the reasoning behind your chosen plan?

Thanks,
GC

Surface 750 PSI

Hit the rope & ascend at 1000psi for a slow ascent, the no deco limit, or buddy hits 1000 -- whichever comes 1st.. allowing for a deep stop & 15 foot stop. We didn't end up surfacing by the boat though --- but that's cause the boat was nowhere in sight so we all hung out together until it came back for us. I started low on gas though -- only about 2800 so that was what? 112 cu ft?

Generally rule of thirds. More important to start ascent with the 100 psi for every 10 feet of depth.

I'd be back at the mooring line with min gas in my tanks.

How I do that depends on where the mooring line is on the wreck.

I voted min gas. More precisely, if I really wanted to be back at the mooring line, I'd use rule of halves, otherwise, all useable. It's what I was taught in fundies and I think it's sensible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom