Bummed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's rough dude! Such a shame.

How did it happen? Is there anything you can do to prevent this for future reference?

i.e did you maintain the seal by rinsing the o-ring/case after each dive? Did you apply silicon grease now and then?

What are the water temps like now? I'll be there on Wednesday and still trying to decide which wetsuit to pack.

I know the feeling, mine popped in 30 ft of SW. It was my tune up dive with it before heading to the Cayman's. Nothing like $400 down the drain. I think I had a desiccant pack possibly in the seal. At least if you get a new one, the 3+ is supposed to have better battery life.
Check out Turtle Reef if you have time, it is a great shore dive.

82-84. I've been diving in shorts and a rash guard. Haven't been cold once.

Thanks, 3mm suit it is then. Sorry to hear about your GoPro--I lost a Sea Life still camera a couple of years back on its very first dive.

The Kittiwake has just claimed my gopro 3. Stupid case flooded.

Sorry to hear about your GoPro. This happened to a friend of mine in HI; he was using the attachable LCD screen with the 'touch screen' housing and said it flooded around 45 ft. I believe he contacted GoPro directly and they gave him a significant percentage off a new one; might be worth a try.

RIP.

It died an honorable death. Its factory would be proud.

Back
Top Bottom