Sebastian Inlet Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigDaddy051570

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello: My two sons and I will be down near the Sebastian inslet on Sunday, Dec 22, and hoping to do a shore dive. I really could use some more information, or ideally for someone from the area to join us on a dive. Is it important to go at slack tide, like it is for the Blue Heron Bridge? Where does one park there? A picture is worth a thousand words, so if you could provide a Google Map or something, that would be a great help! Where does one actually dive? Is there a good local dive shop to get some tanks?

I have never heard of diving sebastin inlet. Farthest north i have heard is pepper park which is pretty close or bhb pepper park can be iffy for viz. bhb is usually safe if hit correct for tides. Bhb has lots of shops near it.

You have to catch Sebastian Inlet midway between high and low tide. You have a very narrow window of slack water and there is tons of fishing line on the bottom...be careful! The beaches below Sebastian to Ft Pierce make excellent dives when conditions are right. When I dive the beaches I watch the buoy at Ft Pierce...If the seas are more than 1.6 ft, it's a no go.

However, I would plan Blue Heron over all the above since the seas have been up and the water is very dirty

I have fished the inlet several times. The thought of diving it NEVER crossed my mind. You have to be careful with a boat.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I probably won't bother with this dive, and instead will go where I have dove many times before (BHB), since it is a great site.

BigDaddy....I'm a founder of the local dive club (Vero Beach Scuba Club). Look for us on Facebook. There are a number of nice and easy dive sites south of the inlet. We dive the area all the time...the shore dives are rather weather dependent. Viz can be less than zero....10 feet is good viz...30 feet is spectacular and rare. But the dives are really nice. On the 22nd, we're actually diving BHB.
I will be around all that week and if the weather is good will likely do one of our local shore dives. I'd be happy to give you the tour.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom