I Dream of Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vegan Shark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Tell us your scuba dreams! Dream that you were cuddling with great whites? Wake up screaming in the middle of the night, dripping with sweat, after a vision of yourself performing the Warhammer maneuver?

Every night before I go diving I get giddy like a kid going to Disneyland, and have dreams of what adventures might await me. Before my first dive after OW I dreamt I found sunken treasure, mermaids, and did a hoola hoop competition with harbor seals. They won, sadly.

After a couple weeks of no diving I start having dreams that my house is underwater, manta rays are nesting in the trees outside instead of birds, and I wake up very disoriented when I realize there is no regulator in my mouth.

:sleeping2:

....and I wake up very disoriented when I realize there is no regulator in my mouth.

Very interesting. :doctor: Tell me more about your relationship with your mother.

LOL

Some of my favorite dreams are of free diving in Hawaii.

Warm, never seem to need to go up for air...hmmm...kinda like laying in bed, eh?

After my first couple days in the Red Sea (4 dives/day) I found that when I closed my eyes at night I saw schools of fish moving as they do - like one single entity with hundreds of parts all moving in synchonization.

Reactions: Doc
Ah isn't that the best. The nights after my certification dives when I closed my eyes I felt my body rolling with the ocean, like how if you run a lot on a treadmill and suddenly jump off you still feel the motions.

Shark, great post.

No dreams that I can recall in any detail, but more often than not when I'm driving through the coastal mountain ranges here in Southern Oregon I can't help but imagine what they would look like if they were flooded and what it would be like to be diving at that moment instead of driving.

I dream my buddy RJP gets eaten by a shark. He has some really nice dive gear I might inherit :biggrin:

There are only two things I dream about at night... mermaids and lady-go-divers. I see everything else when I'm wide awake!

Sometimes I dream that I am diving in perfectly clear water on a reef or in rocks with dozens of holes and caves that I'm swimming in and out of. I can even feel my buoyancy go slightly positive and slightly negative as I breath and I'm sure those are the times my wife tells me she worries that I have sleep apnea because I go a bit between breaths. It reminds my of a dive I had in Crystal River, FLA back in the 70's.

DFB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom