Anyone else Puerto Galera - Asia Divers Dec 29th - Jan 8th ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Golo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I think I'll be heading to Puerto Galera around Dec 29th till Jan 8th to dive with Asia Divers and just wanted to see if anyone else from this board would be there in said time frame.

I planned to go diving with a friend and in a long selection process, considering costs and effort and looking at reviews, we picked Puerto Galera. Unfortunately he had to opt out just before we wanted to book the package a few days ago.

I am kind of torn, because to a country that I have never been to (would be first time to Philippines), I prefer to travel at least with one other friend. But I was looking forward to go diving in the Philippines for a while already now and I am quite curious how good diving over there really is. So I seriously consider to just do it on my own this time, and I have to decide very soon. I can't really postpone, because if things go as planned this will be my last chance to take two weeks of vacation at once for the next couple of years.

My other option would be Japan, which I am quite familiar with and total cost would be about the same for me. Flights to all other diving destinations in SE-Asia are already rather high unfortunately, but not unexpected for this time of the year :(

So, anyone?

You won't be a stranger for long at Asia Divers. The Point Bar will take care of that, as well as the general camaraderie. Give my love to Alli, Pete, Rueben and Ferdy. Try to get a cell phone number for one of the admin staff so that you can get reassuringly in touch by text when you land. NAIA is admittedly not for the faint of heart.

My family and I will be there. Probably in the Dec 27-30 time frame. Not sure where we are staying, etc. Family friends are setting the whole thing up, but we do plan to dive for several days.

I booked everything and will arrive on the 28th, some time at night. Not sure yet if I will be diving on the 29th already, but if I'm not too tired from the flights, there is a good chance I will :D

Theres going to be some awesomely cool people there at that time.

Sorry but... what is NAIA?

---------- Post added December 28th, 2013 at 06:11 PM ----------

Has anyone here had experience (good or bad) with Atlantis at Puerto Galera?

Sorry but... what is NAIA?

---------- Post added December 28th, 2013 at 06:11 PM ----------

Has anyone here had experience (good or bad) with Atlantis at Puerto Galera?
Ninoy Aquino Int Airport in Manila.
It has 3 terminals
T1 is for most non local international airlines.
T2 is solely for PAL
T3 is for "budget" airlines eg Cebu Pacific.

Atlantis is one of the top end diving resort. It has another branch in Dumaguete.

Well, The trip went well.... We met up with Golo and while he is diving mostly with Asia Divers, we were able to do several dives with South Sea Divers together. I'll let Golo explain his time with Asia, but our time with South Sea was GREAT! Sky and his team were good to work with and they even sorted out a "New Years Eve" midnight dive. Golo shot a video of me opening a bottle of San Miguel at midnight at about 16 meters deep. Lots of things to see and lots of places to dive. Sabang is a small village that is pretty much limited to diving and nocturnal activities. It was fun for all. Golo and Wingy are still there.... It was real hard to leave them and go back to work... I highly recommend South Sea Divers and Sabang Puerto Galera as a dive destination.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom