Trip booked for my first time to Roatan!!! Research dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmneus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My trip to Roatan is booked, May 14-25th. Purposely planned it to coincide with the full moon, I want to see the string of pearls, plus the 26th is Memorial Day so it's a day to get home and adjusted without using another vacation day.
Super excited, going solo. Staying at Hotel Chillies and diving with Native Sons.
Was thinking about taking part in a few research dives.
Any advice on this is welcome.....does it really only take a short amount of time and then the rest of the dive time can be spent doing what you want?

This is going to be a loooong winter........

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I did them while I was there and it was an awesome experience. If you've never felt narced before, you definitely will get to experience it on the research dives. How long the tests take underwater is completely dependent on your memory skills while breathing gases at depth. I remember having a decent amount of time to play on the shallower reef at the end of the testing. Have fun on your trip. I just may find myself out there again fairly soon.

Back
Top Bottom