tech gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

codyl

Registered
Reaction score
please note the balance BCD is already sold. I need to sell the back plate and harness and wing ASAP $135 for the back plate, harness and wing harness is a S/M but it fits like a large I am a bigger guy and it fits me fine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 733
Anyone heard from this seller neither I or the member who bought the BCD two weeks ago have received items or tracking information as he promised???

That sucks

Ruh row. I would go onto your paypal and report this freeze his account.

Garth

Ruh row. I would go onto your paypal and report this freeze his account.

Garth

Yes the beauty of first paypal and then credit card chargebacks. Its been seven days for me but 17 days for the buyer of the BCD. No contact whatsoever after payment though prolonged and rapid emails before. So it goes. I did open a paypal case...

This can be a lesson for anybody wanting to buy gear. Do your research on the seller!! I feel for the attempted buyers and please don't take this the wrong way because it could've happened to anyone of us including me. What I do prior to a sale is look at to see when the person signed up for the board.

See what their recent activity is.
See if they've sold anything in the past and what those people have said about them.
See where their location is and see if they've set up their profile to include all normal elements.

I'm not saying that people that post a lot are going to be better sellers however it does show that they will come back to the board and care about their reputation.

It would be funny to see this guy come back on here and say he just forgot to send it and just didn't remember to come back on here.

The reason why I don't see that happening is because he was only here for a few posts and they had to do with selling items ... "ASAP." What does that even mean anyway. This stuff is so frustrating.

Hope that PayPal resolves this,

Best regards,
Garth

Garth

I think it's annoying when people sign up, just to sell gear. I've said it before, and was criticized for it.
But this is why.

I feel more comfortable buying from people that at least have a track record here.

Sorry you guys got burned on your deals....that really sucks!

This can be a lesson for anybody wanting to buy gear. Do your research on the seller!! I feel for the attempted buyers and please don't take this the wrong way because it could've happened to anyone of us including me. What I do prior to a sale is look at to see when the person signed up for the board.

See what their recent activity is.
See if they've sold anything in the past and what those people have said about them.
See where their location is and see if they've set up their profile to include all normal elements.

I'm not saying that people that post a lot are going to be better sellers however it does show that they will come back to the board and care about their reputation.

It would be funny to see this guy come back on here and say he just forgot to send it and just didn't remember to come back on here.

The reason why I don't see that happening is because he was only here for a few posts and they had to do with selling items ... "ASAP." What does that even mean anyway. This stuff is so frustrating.

Hope that PayPal resolves this,

Best regards,
Garth

Garth

I presume the guy is in jail, in the hospital, or dead. He only got $100 from me and $120 for the Balance BC. If he was trying to take $ he could have tried a couple of nice computers or something more valuable. No matter Paypal will undoubtedly credit our accounts they are extremely buyer oriented these days. If not I'll chargeback my credit card what can possibly be his defense? So I'll lose nothing. No risk whatsoever. On a related note I have bought several expensive items no this board including a Mares Icon Dive computer, a Shearwater predator, and a Light Monkey 35w HID, and a used Titanium S600/MK25 setup all over $600. Not to mention about 15 items between $200 and 600. All transactions went perfectly. Can't complain.

Wether Scubaboard, Craigslist, Ebay or whatever, buyer beware!! Paypal is a plus with the protection plan! I do as much research as possible as to seller credentials and or previous sales. What cranks me. is paying promptly and then waiting on the seller to ship! Or they advertise priority shipping then send it parcel post!! If you don't want to part with the item, don't sell it.

Back
Top Bottom