Knife Mounted on BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thatdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all! - hope your all sending as much money on diving gear this christmas as i am! haha!

I have just upgraded my BCD to a Oceanic Probe LX - i am very happy with it and wanted to mount a knife on the side of the bcd but can't find what knife will fit - do any of you have this bcd and mount a knife on it - if so which one is it?! i have googled as ever but its nice to just have a reply from a person that can give advice :)

I don't like strapping a knife to my leg and have spent many hours having to search and recover friends and customers knifes when they have fallen off their legs etc so like a small blade on the bcd to go with my trilobite.

many thanks and hope everyone gets some new gear for christmas!!

Hi all! - hope your all sending as much money on diving gear this christmas as i am! haha!

I have just upgraded my BCD to a Oceanic Probe LX - i am very happy with it and wanted to mount a knife on the side of the bcd but can't find what knife will fit - do any of you have this bcd and mount a knife on it - if so which one is it?! i have googled as ever but its nice to just have a reply from a person that can give advice :)

I don't like strapping a knife to my leg and have spent many hours having to search and recover friends and customers knifes when they have fallen off their legs etc so like a small blade on the bcd to go with my trilobite.

its ok to mount the knife on the bc but DONT put it knife fighting (commando style ) upside down i saw a guy stab himself in the throat putting it back in .....this is a pet peeve of mine ....

Hey ThatDiver,

I have an Oceanic BCD. I really like it.

I mounted my knife on the left side in a horizontal position, when upright. I used a red-hot nail to create holes for the knife's machine screws. The knife is in a perfect position for me.

I swear by my Oceanic products. They are not "best at any price" products, but you receive great value for your money. Also, they stand by their products.

Their Pro Plus computer is really good. It has large fonts for us old foks who use reading glasses.

markm

its ok to mount the knife on the bc but DONT put it knife fighting (commando style ) upside down i saw a guy stab himself in the throat putting it back in .....
It seems like it could lead to an exciting Shark Dive.:D

I recently bought a scuba line cutter and strapped it to one of the holes on the front of my BCD jacket with a cable tie. I also wear a knife on my leg which is more habit than anything from my freediving/spearfishing.

its ok to mount the knife on the bc but DONT put it knife fighting (commando style ) upside down i saw a guy stab himself in the throat putting it back in .....this is a pet peeve of mine ....

Some people shouldn't be trusted with the pencil on their slate never mind a knife!

Keep a knife on the leg and shears in a pocket, I've never liked these BCD mounted knives as space around the chest area is at a premium.

I have a small 4" knife mounted to the hose going to my inflator from my 1st stage. Because my inflator is hard mounted 2 button type, I always know where my knife is.

I have a small (3 to 4 inch) Cressi knife which came with a number of 'alternate' fittings for hole spacing and so on. It even had a hose shaped bracket so you can mount it on your inflator hose. My second 'backup' is a Scubapro Mako knife and the hole spacing on that is the same as the Cressi, so I think the spacing may be fairly standard on small knives.

Some BC's already have a couple of holes for mounting a knife, I would have thought these will be standard also, but if you do already have holes in the BC and want to measure them and PM me I will happily measure the holes on my Cressi and Scubapro and let you know if they are the same - Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom