Fav New Brunswick dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

naiya

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new to the NB dive scene :babycrawl and haven't done too much local diving.. I see lots of posts on Deer Island, are there any other sites around southern NB that are worthy to try? any info much appreciated..!

Sure there are a number of places.. Beaver Harbor Saint andrews, Blacks Harbor, Tommies Cove New River Beach, if your willing to travel there are a few places up north Atlas park is a stone quarry great dive for beginners..it's really just a big limestone pond.. :) . From Saint Andrews with Navey Island Dive co, they do many charters.. But I highly recommend diving Deer Island, but make sure you go with someone who has experience diving there. Where abouts do you live in NB?? Maybe you can join my buddy and I and a few other divers from the area.. that is if your interested

Firediver:
Sure there are a number of places.. Beaver Harbor Saint andrews, Blacks Harbor, Tommies Cove New River Beach, if your willing to travel there are a few places up north Atlas park is a stone quarry great dive for beginners..it's really just a big limestone pond.. :) . From Saint Andrews with Navey Island Dive co, they do many charters.. But I highly recommend diving Deer Island, but make sure you go with someone who has experience diving there. Where abouts do you live in NB?? Maybe you can join my buddy and I and a few other divers from the area.. that is if your interested

yeah actually we've been out together <waving from across the river> :wink: we hit all the same spots, but this summer I do want to try the Navy Island charters & I think they'll help identify new sites. To go up north there is the Louise P at Caraquet, that could be interesting. But it would be great to identify more potential shore dives as a day trip out of F'ton, grab a tank & go kind of thing.. and NOT in the SJ river :yuck:

JEEZE what is with this.. heehee :p gotta love the online scene eh:p heehee... wouldn't mind going up north.. would be fun. Do you know if sharks friend know's anything about diving around Fundy Park?? The Lakes?? I know one thing is we ould be lugging our gear.

Firediver:
JEEZE what is with this.. heehee :p gotta love the online scene eh:p heehee... wouldn't mind going up north.. would be fun. Do you know if sharks friend know's anything about diving around Fundy Park?? The Lakes?? I know one thing is we ould be lugging our gear.

well from what i've been told around fundy park is is shallow & kind of dirt dives ... but thats just what i've been told... as for lakes or the sj river they are ok if one is really desparate to blow some bubbles ... you know the saying " fresh water is for drinking , salt water is for diving ..." :azvatar:

Can anyone tell me the regulations regaurding Scallop diving in NB. My wife and I will be doing some diving in NB this year and would like to try diving for some Scallops.

It's likely best to contact the DFO office for the area you'll be in. Scallop needs a license and the season opened in Jan, seems to me though that the recreational season must already be over or close to it.

My Buddy and I are hoping to get out for some scallops.. just not sure when.... drop me a PM when your heading out..as for Regulations.. I would check with DFO in St.Andrews they can let you know if the season is open or closed in the area you are diving. ALso if your interested on just getting out for a few dives PM me and you can join my buddy and I and a couple other fellow divers.

Hi there, Iwas just looking at your message here and are you in the area? Because if you are then you should come out to the annual dive clean-up held in the Oromocto Marina area. Do you know anymore divers that live in new brunswick? if so would you let me know so I could let them know also.

Thank you
:crafty:

Firediver:
My Buddy and I are hoping to get out for some scallops.. just not sure when.... drop me a PM when your heading out..as for Regulations.. I would check with DFO in St.Andrews they can let you know if the season is open or closed in the area you are diving. ALso if your interested on just getting out for a few dives PM me and you can join my buddy and I and a couple other fellow divers.

Well it is nice to see another diver from new bruswick, just to let you know of the Oromocto River clean-up being held Oct 31/04. There is going to be prizes and a BBQ that day. There is a 10.00 dallar entry fee. If you are intreseted let me know and I could tell you more

Later

Back
Top Bottom