Cabana Roatana???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never even heard of the place, but the web site is wonderful. Nice job. I noticed they said your kids can play on the white sand beach. I would think they would be eaten alive by Sand Fleas. I just walked along the beach at CCV and was bitten many times. probably not the best idea unless thay have found a solution to the SF problem down there. when are you thinking of going?

The way to handle sand fleas aka no seeums is deet. I you don't take bug spray you are going to get bit.

scubaphish:
Anybody stayed there? It's on the West Bay supposedly.

Looks like it's got a great beach front access. Yes- the only way to survive the Sand Flies of Roatan is to drink Deet- early and often.

It once again begs the question- If you're there to SCUBA dive, why not go all inclusive? In example (CocoView) it's $750-850/week/person with all meals, transfers, baggage handling, 2 boat dives x 2 tanks plus unlimited great shore diving.

Doing the math here at CabanaRoatana it's about $70 - 105 per day, (you could fit in 2 people for that price?- per the website?), add to that your food cost, dining out- plus diving at $XX per tank... not on premises, no shore diving (ergo no real chance of night diving).

There is no real culture to absorb on Roatan by avoiding an AI package. If you want to dive and dive a lot- look at the AI options including AKR, FIBR, and CCV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom