Bandito / Aruba Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seadiver5

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Yesterday Julie and I awoke to a driving rainstorm. Looking out our window we could see the sky was very gray and ominous, Rain so overwhelmed out gutters that it was spilling over their sides and so I turned to my wife and I grizzeled in my best Ancient Mariner voice "Aye maty it's a good day for Divin" Julie was not amused, She glared back at me as if to say go F@#% yourself...

But by the time we headed south to Tacoma the sky's had cleared and it was actually very sunny and quite warm. Kind of against my game plan which was primarily of course to get my group of happy Aruba travelers good and chilled to the bone so they appreciate Arubas constant 82 Degree surface and water Temperatures all that much more.

Once we got to the pickup spot of Pt. Defiance we quickly loaded our gear on board the Sam Pan and we were off.

This dive was open to not only members of the Aruba trip but all Moss Bay Divers as well. We had so many divers that we overflowed into Bandito's third boat.

It was a quick ride to Dalco Wall. This was going to be Julie's first dive here and she was excited to dive somewhere she had never been before. She was also excited to try out her new "High Tide" gloves. These are the first new gloves she has owned since buying her first pair 20 years ago! We geared up and were the first in the water. Descending down the Anchor chain it quickly became apparent that this was going to be a low visibility dive. Once on the bottom Julie and I rearranged a few things and headed over the wall and into the abyss. Diving along that wall is always fun. looking at the strata and all the life inhabiting it. We found 2 wolf eels and 1 very large octopus.

Once back on the boat we stripped out of our dive gear and took full advantage of the warming powers of Rick's cabin and his chicken noodle soup.

Julie and I sat out the second dive which was to Sunrise. We did this for two reasons 1. Julie was very cold and 2. due to an unforeseen ocurance which ended up with us taking our overflow divers from their boat and putting them on our boat instead. We were packed to the gills with divers and dive gear.

Divers on the second dive reported strong current and low visibility. They did however find several wolf eels and octopus.

After the dive we headed to Katie Downs Tavern for Pizza and beer and to distribute our Aruba Travel Packets.

All in all it was a great day with a lot of great people. thanks to everyone who helped make it that way. oh and btw Julie reported that diving with her new "High Tide" gloves her hands stayed much warmer than they have been in recent memory.

Oh and Additionally this was Kelly Munyons first dive with Argon and she reported that she stayed significantly warmer as well.

In the immortal words of Steve Miller:
"Everything's Better When Wet"...

Kevin Parkhurst

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom