Gilboa is Iced Over...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
... according to the web site. Sure hope the ice is gone by the 17th of April when we have our "First Annual Great Lakes Wrecking Crew Spring Dive Meet and Greet".

Depending on the weather in April, I'm thinking of bringing my little 5th wheel trailer along and staying the weekend, so we have a place to "meet and greet" during surface intervals. I may even get out the old stew pot for some campfire chili? Of course, there will be a little Black Forest Brewing micro-brewed beer there for after the days diving as well.

Mark your calendars kids!

Hey Tom what kind of hook ups do they have there I was planing on bringing my 5th wheel as well. Do I need to bring a generator or do they have electric?

I am quite certain that they have electrical hook-ups. I have not seen any water or waste disposal hook-ups there, but I have never personally looked.

Normally I stay at the X-Country Inn in Findlay when I am not simply doing a day trip.

I am also very sure that once things warm up, Mike will have the local FD there with hoses to help melt the ice like he did last year. What is this, two years in a row?!

Yup...2 years in a row...

As for hookups, I think he only has a couple of electrics, but I'm almost 100% certain there's no waste disposal.

...and it's up nearest the office building. Last time we stayed there, I saw several camps with LONNNNG extension cords to the power. I usually just use the battery in the trailer for a night or two. I half fill the water tank, and if I use the 'potty' in the trailer, we stop at Cabella's in Dundee and and empty the tanks there (they have a service are in the South parking lot) and it gives Dave a chance to go inside and drool on the sporting goods.

I have been thinking about a SMALL suitcase style generator to haul with the trailer, just to keep the batteries charged up if I stay in a place with no power, but have not found one yet. If you bring a trailer and an generator, I may have to park next to it and SHARE your power...

Yeah you can share power with me the only problem Is I have a huge Generator makes a hell of a lot of noise. Honda makes a nice suitcase size generator and it is quiet. but yowza I would have to give up diving for about 2years to afford it. Im not worrying about a dump facility I have one here at my home built it right into the septic system. No more waiting in line at State parks or the like to dump.

...no problem.

We'll have to make more plans early in April. Mean time, I need to 'shuffle' the on-call schedule so I can get the weekend off. My on-call backup is coming up to Saginaw to meet me in my office tomorrow. I'll buy him some lunch, and he'll be 'putty in my hands' and I'll get a couple days off to dive as much as I can stand to!

Later!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom