Seattle in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalRich

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings,
I'm visiting Seattle the last week of March. It's not a dive trip, But? maybe? I dive SoCal. with a 7mil. I The Great Northwest in the early spring might be beyond what these old bones can take. Although the use of reusable heat pads works ok for mid 50*F water. Any suggestions for dive boats/shops would be appreciated.
Thank you, Good divin
SoCalRich

If you are coming to dive Seattle in March and you have a 7 mil suit, I would highly recommend renting a 7 mil core warmer to go over it. That's how we equip our OW students. Water temps in March are likely to be in the high 40's, and weather is totally unpredictable -- it could be utterly lovely, or it could be blustery and wet and windy.

Our best charter operator is the Bandito operation out of Tacoma. Good people, good boats, know their sites and brief them well. Since you're from SoCal, you shouldn't be surprised that we don't put guides in the water -- you are on your own.

Dive shops depend on where you will be staying.

I would highly recommend posting on the nwdiveclub.com site, once you have your dates finalized and know where you will be staying. It's a very active virtual dive club, and you'll get a lot of advice on local sites, shops, and charters, once we know where you will be headquartered. Seattle is such a huge area, and traffic can be SO awful, that where you are based has a significant effect on where you can or would want to dive.

We're just 20 minutes south of Seattle...and we've got regular shore dives scheduled ($5 each), boat dives and we can usually wrangle a competent buddy for you from our staff who just want to get out and dive. Feel free to PM me or shoot me an email when you get here.

We're entirely recreational, but if you're looking for doubles, rebreathers or any of that...I'm happy to point you in the right direction there as well. We have a well stocked rental department and can arrange delivery as well.

Here's a link: Seattle Scuba Shoppe Dives | Scuba Shoppe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom