What to do in Hawaii Big Island ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ssvanmm

New
Reaction score
We will be traveling to Hawaii end of may. I already looked at the websites of the dive centers on the big island and it seems that boat diving in Hawaii is very expensive. But apparently there is also the posiblity of doing shore dives.

So my question is for those who have been to Hawaii before : is it worth to spent 120$ por a day of boat diving or can you see as much of under water life on the shore dives ?

We have been diving all over the world already so I am not looking for deep dives.

Other than the manta night dive and the black water night dive, most diving on the Big Island is near shore. Most boats use moorings or anchor near shore. The dive sites are a short swim from the beach, but many require walking over lava to get to the water. I paid for boats on my first trip there, but rented tanks and weights for beach diving on subsequent trips.
Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: The Big Island, Hawaiian Islands

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom