Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey y'all I was wondering what was a good Regulator to to buy I new in the sport and where would a good place to buy it at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As above, but pick one that you can get serviced at your local Dive Shop.

They're all good. Buy one that suits your wallet/budget and that you can either service yourself or have serviced locally. Brand snobs are just that... snobs.

Easy. Buy EDGE or HOG regulators from me. LOL!!!!! :D

Seriously, what type of diving will you be doing (warm water, cold water, etc.)? Where do you live and where will you be diving? How often will you be diving? Most major manufactures listed above make quality products. Some models are better suited to certain uses then others. A little addtional information would help give you some qualified advise.

Last edited:
As above, but pick one that you can get serviced at your local Dive Shop.

Completely unnecessary. I have customers send me regs to service from all over the country. Furthest so far has been the guy who sent his HOG regs to me from Hawaii. Not all local shops even service the regs they sell. Some send them out.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

True, Jim, it's not necessary, but it's often faster (assuming actual local servicing) and cheaper (sometimes). If you have to wait 2-3 weeks for your shop to service it then it's definitely better to send it out yourself and save the cost of the middle-man.

Aqualung and Scubapro are probably the two biggest names in SCUBA...they have a huge legacy to them. Sherwood was a latecomer, but they're attached to a huge industrial gas valve manufacturer / supplier / distributor, so they're going nowhere.

Personally, I went with Aqualung.

My first regulator was a used Conshelf XIV. I still have it...it is my pool beater regulator and works fantastically. I run an Apeks XTX100 + TX40 2nds for singles, Apeks Tek3 + XTX100 2nds for doubles, and a DA Aquamaster doublehose for fun dives.

Anything that works and you can find parts for will be fine. There isn't too much to a regulator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom