Russia captures Orcas for displaying during the Sochi olympic games

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Storker

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
close to a Hell which occasionally freezes over
# of dives
100 - 199
Yep, more humane to send them to Sea World and have them perform for overweight tourists.

Who said that was an option? For me, the options are:

1: Leave the animals in the wild where they belong, or
2: Kill them as quickly and humanely as possible, and use the cadaver for something sensible (i.e. food).

Capturing wild animals for incarceration, display and to be bullied into doing tricks for idiots is not an alternative in my book, regardless of whether the incarceration takes place in Sochi Dolphinarium or at Sea World.

....It'd been more humane to kill the animals and serve them up as burgers...

More likely the godless commies will use them in a stew.

Fun Fact: "Sochi" is rooskie for Sushi.

Hmm.. and here I was ready to bet my paycheck on Sochi being russian for sucky :p

Hmm.. and here I was ready to bet my paycheck on Sochi being russian for sucky :p

We'll see. The Canadians pulled a rabbit out of their hats and worked magic 4 years ago. For many years I was very involved in the presence of US Skiing at the World Cups and Olympics. This can be quite the high wire act for any host venue to pull off. Years ago, security for our athletes at the Winter Games was discussed and decided by 4 guys sitting at a table at Bennigans. This year, they have 5 aircraft and Triple Canopy hired-in and waiting on stand-by at the airport.

How's the snow? Russian Weatherman Promises 'Blanket of Snow' for Sochi | Sochi 2014 | RIA Novosti

(Rudolph, the red, knows rain, dear)
A Russian couple was walking down the street in St. Petersburg the other night, when the man felt a drop hit his nose. "I think it's raining," he said to his wife.

"No, that felt more like snow to me," she replied. "No, I'm sure it was just rain, he said." Well, as these things go, they were about to have a major argument about whether it was raining or snowing. Just then they saw a minor communist party official walking toward them. "Let's not fight about it," the man said, "let's ask Comrade Rudolph whether it's officially raining or snowing."

As the official approached, the man said, "Tell us, Comrade Rudolph, is it officially raining or snowing?"

"It's raining, of course," he answered and walked on. But the woman insisted: "I know that felt like snow!" To which the man quietly replied: "Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear!"

Film at 11:00

Last edited:
Who said that was an option? For me, the options are:

1: Leave the animals in the wild where they belong, or
2: Kill them as quickly and humanely as possible, and use the cadaver for something sensible (i.e. food).

Capturing wild animals for incarceration, display and to be bullied into doing tricks for idiots is not an alternative in my book, regardless of whether the incarceration takes place in Sochi Dolphinarium or at Sea World.

I agree, but just interesting that it is news when done in Russia, but not when done in Orlando or San Diego.

More likely the godless commies will use them in a stew

Fun fact: you don't need to be a commie to cook whale stew.

It may be that it helps being godless, though (AFAIK, neither Japanese nor Norwegians are particularly famous for their religiosity).

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

Fun fact: you don't need to be a commie to cook whale stew.

It may be that it helps being godless, though (AFAIK, neither Japanese nor Norwegians are particularly famous for their religiosity).

Not true in the Japanese case. More than 96% of the population of Japan self-identified as Buddhist in 2009. 83% also self-identified as Shinto (since the two religions are not mutually exclusive).

Having lived there for almost 4 years I can tell you the Japanese are deeply religious and truly devout, just not in the way western Christians would identify as "religious".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom