Maldives trip early March - duty free ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scarke

Contributor
Reaction score
I know you cant bring duty free into the Maldives but is there a place at the airport when you arrive perhaps that you can buy some bottles of spirits ?

We are doing a 9 night on the honors legacy and was just wondering what the story will be...

Thanks...and we are looking forward to it hugely !

we are spending a few days in Dubai first so dont think that will work !

Maldives has no duty free in the arrivals, at least not alcohol. You also cannot take any alcohol into the country. They scan every bag in arrivals. They have a good selection in departures available for purchase by non Maldivians only. Unfortunately you will have to buy drinks on the boat. A good boat will have a decent selection but expect to pay $$$ for it.

Thanks Nishan, had thought that would be the case but was just checking because on Tioman, lots of people bought beer upon arrival and put it in their fridges in our hotel. We didnt. So just wanted to check re Maldives.

Anyway its not a problem, don't mind paying for some beers !. Looking forward to it now.

Not sure if you've seen the drinks prices for your lob? If not, they are on the 'extras' tab on the website. Prices look ok.

In my experience of Maldives lobs, the wine is quite poor and expensive, but the spirits are good quality and served in large measures.

ah we wont be drinking that much anyways!...but I dont dive so I will be looking forward to a beer at night time after a day in the sun and swimming :)

Back
Top Bottom