OK..I admit it.. I miss Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're sorry. I certainly don't miss living in Houston. 4 years was plenty! I needed a life other than living in my car.

Just remember, we have had tons of snow this winter, & you haven't had to shovel once!
I like the Chicago area, just hate the weather.

When I lived in California, I missed my friends & family so bad. But I loved the weather.

Of all the big cities I've been to (NYC, Orlando, LA, DC, Boston, etc.) Chicago is by far my favorite. I don't know what it is about chi-town. It's just a blast. I have a great time when I visit...I chow on some awesome food (the chop house rules)...and I don't have to walk 38 blocks to get from place to place. Maybe it doesn;t hurt that we stay at the Embassy in Downtown, but Chicago just seems like a more tourist friendly place than the rest.

Big-t-2538:
Of all the big cities I've been to (NYC, Orlando, LA, DC, Boston, etc.) Chicago is by far my favorite. I don't know what it is about chi-town. It's just a blast. I have a great time when I visit...I chow on some awesome food (the chop house rules)...and I don't have to walk 38 blocks to get from place to place. Maybe it doesn;t hurt that we stay at the Embassy in Downtown, but Chicago just seems like a more tourist friendly place than the rest.

I live two blocks away from the Chop House and a couple blocks from the Embassy. I run an apt. building. If yer in town, I'll put you up in a furnished apartment for far less than the Embassy.
www.oakwoodchicago.com

Well, when I go on the trips I go on, the school pays for everything (excpt beer unfortunately)...but now that I have the option to go back at a rate that's less than gouging my pocketbook....hmmm.....the wife has a few friends that live in Chi-town that she's been wanting to visit...this is certainly more of a possibility now.

Plus there's that wonderful greek restaurant attached to the embassy that has excellent food as well. Although I do want to make it to Morton's of Chicago...in Chicago (there's one in cincy I've been to)

Big-t-2538:
Well, when I go on the trips I go on, the school pays for everything (excpt beer unfortunately)...but now that I have the option to go back at a rate that's less than gouging my pocketbook....hmmm.....the wife has a few friends that live in Chi-town that she's been wanting to visit...this is certainly more of a possibility now.

Plus there's that wonderful greek restaurant attached to the embassy that has excellent food as well. Although I do want to make it to Morton's of Chicago...in Chicago (there's one in cincy I've been to)

Papagus is the Greek restaurant. Give me a shout and I'll get you in for less than the published price for a unit.

Laser:
Give me a shout
There's no doubt who I'll be getting ahold of the next time the plans for Chicago roll around.

I was supposed to be up there on Feb 28th this month for the HL swimming championships, but a friend's wedding has taken over that weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom