PADI eCard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaDive4Me

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm finally replacing my original OW card with an AOW card since I never did this when I completed the AOW course. The PADI website is offering an eCard for my iPhone as well as the standard card. Any thoughts on the eCard? Should I get it alone and not the standard plastic card or get both, or forget about it? Thanks for your advice on this.

i say get both..can't really trust electronics.

If I remember correctly, It was $40 each or both for $55. You also have to buy a new E-Card if you change phone type (IOS to Android). Based on that, getting the E-Card is probably not in my future.

I'm not sure if this helps you or not. I'm sure some folks have the E-Card and like it.

+1 for getting the card and taking a picture of it. The idea that you should pay $40 for an electronic image is ludicrous. Especially since the cards aren't really all that important. I've gone on a trip and left all my cards at home. It's really not all that big an issue for a dive op to confirm your certification without the cards.

We keep a copy of all of our cert cards, fishing license, concealed weapons permit, passports, and driver's licenses, and various insurance cards, etc. on dropbox and on our phones. This has been a real lifesaver on a few occasions.

Plus 1 for keeping pictures of your cards on your phone and maybe a list of your cert numbers.

PADI is really out doing them selves in their name sake PUT ANOTHER DOLLAR IN on this one.

Thanks for all the replies.
We keep a copy of all of our cert cards, fishing license, concealed weapons permit, passports, and driver's licenses, and various insurance cards, etc. on dropbox and on our phones. This has been a real lifesaver on a few occasions.

This is an excellent idea that I'll be doing ASAP. The ability to pull up a photo of all these licenses if you ever loose your wallet is priceless. Especially if traveling out of town or overseas. Thanks.

Just don't lose your phone :wink:

Some operators will hold your c-card as part of the roll call and return it when you get back on board. I wouldn't want to hand over my cell phone in that case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom