Dive travel recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingKDawg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are planning a honeymoon dive trip and considering:

Maldives
Bohol, Phillipines
Galapagos
Portugal

Also, haven't SCUBA'd in Hawaii yet.

Anyone?

Maldives is a honeymoon destination par excellence. Though the prices for diving from a resort are a bit steep. Btw you can even get officially married over there, on a beach and things like that.

From personal experience: Lots of cool things to do on Bohol. Diving is tons of coral with lots of fish. Amun Ini Resort is gorgeous and Fred and his staff will take great care of you. Beautiful white sand beach with a nice dive shop where Gabi will welcome you and show you some beautiful sites within minutes. They have a 30' "mini wall" right off shore and a 100' wall just beyond that. Resort is very new and very nice, it's remote, small and romantic. Food's very good. Not sure if the permanent spa is finished yet but they do have one up and running. Pool is excellent. Very quiet place. Coral is really, really nice.

Or, if you want to run just a little further south to Atmosphere Resorts and Spa on Negros Oriental. This place will spoil you. Muck diving here with great critters and divemasters who will find pretty much anything you ask for. World Heritage coral diving off Apo Island, a half-hour boat ride away. A killer staff, from the dive shop to housekeeping. Incredible food and fantastic spa. Both these places actually look like their pictures on their web pages. I don't often get to say that.

For the best of both worlds, do them both. It's an hour and a half high-speed ferry ride between the two islands. If I were honeymooning (it's been a long time since then:wink:), that's what I'd do. PM me if I can help.

How long do you have for your trip?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom