Grey Geo 2.0 replacement band

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvankirk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any Oceanic dealer out there that has a grey replacement rubber band for a Geo 2.0? I've tried to get one from my local Oceanic dealer for about 6 months with no luck. Not happy with the velcro replacement strap that I am using.

Any Oceanic dealer out there that has a grey replacement rubber band for a Geo 2.0? I've tried to get one from my local Oceanic dealer for about 6 months with no luck. Not happy with the velcro replacement strap that I am using.

That's about the response that I got from Oceanic and their dealers - none. Why is this such a common occurrence with scuba manufacturers?

May not be of any use if you insist on the factory band, but I replaced my factory band with one of thee: maratac I believe I sent with the "Nitrox-17" version - extra long strap for a 7mm wetsuit plus gloves. they are easy to cut down to length. The downside is they have no "depth compensation" as in they don't stretch so they get loose over a thick wetsuit - but so does the factory band. Now I'm using 2 loops of 1/8" bungee cord

After 4 months of searching, I managed to get a band in Tempe AZ thru a local dive shop. My wife and I both have Geo 2's so I'm still hunting for a second one.

May not be of any use if you insist on the factory band, but I replaced my factory band with one of thee: maratac I believe I sent with the "Nitrox-17" version - extra long strap for a 7mm wetsuit plus gloves. they are easy to cut down to length. The downside is they have no "depth compensation" as in they don't stretch so they get loose over a thick wetsuit - but so does the factory band. Now I'm using 2 loops of 1/8" bungee cord

Thanks, I'll see what they have.

Dear divers,

In june, I will be lauching an adapter for oceanic geo and atom to use with zulu nylon strap. I have done it for suunto d4. Please visit index for more info. You may also visit my fb page - bagus adapter.

I bought a Zulu 4 ring black nylon strap from Amazon because I couldn' t find a replacement either. It works great, no modifications necessary. My wife liked mine so much I had to get her a gray one. Also got one for a friend of mine whose strap was also broke. Everybody loves them.

Honestly, after seeing how the factory strap broke, I wouldn't wear one in the water ever again. Way too fragile.

I bought a Zulu 4 ring black nylon strap from Amazon because I couldn' t find a replacement either. It works great, no modifications necessary. My wife liked mine so much I had to get her a gray one. Also got one for a friend of mine whose strap was also broke. Everybody loves them.

Honestly, after seeing how the factory strap broke, I wouldn't wear one in the water ever again. Way too fragile.

Thanks, I might give one a try. I can probably figure it out, but can you tell me what size you ordered?

Thanks, I might give one a try. I can probably figure it out, but can you tell me what size you ordered?

20mm. Shot you a pm with a link to the one I bought, but there are scores of different ones available.

I was lucky in that my Geo band blew apart on the dive boat and not in the water.

The space between the lug screw and the body is so tight. it can only fit probably a very thin 1mm strap with 20mm width. 20mm width strap is too small for such a big dive comp. 1mm zulu strap is not recommended for diving. I have invented an adapter which can take up 22mm width and 1.5mm thickness. I will be selling the adapter and the strap as a package. The standard strap lenght is 30cm which is good enough for weitsuit. I will also be supplying 45cm long strap to be used with dry suit. no more extension required.

Back
Top Bottom