New XT fins....Buckles a little rough

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I just bought some medium XT fins to use with my dry suit.

I think the finish/casting on the "new updated metal buckles" is a little rough which surprised me. I know it's just cosmetic but it looks cheap, the buckles look like there were cast out of scrap metal in a bucket of loose sand. The DiveRite logo is upside down on one side. I'm assuming this was done to save money i.e only one mould needs to be made?

In the scheme of things not a big deal I know but often what separates good manufactures from great ones is the attention to detail.

Don't get me wrong I think they are a nice fin and am looking forward to trying them I just think they could be even better.

---------- Post added January 22nd, 2014 at 06:05 AM ----------

Of course there could be a valid reason why it is the way it is?

---------- Post added January 22nd, 2014 at 06:06 AM ----------

Other than money I mean.

OK, dove the fins today, they fit me very well, I trim out nicely and they seem to have equal power to the F1s. I like them.

Only slight niggle is the loop on the pull tab is too small and I had difficulty grasping it. I don't have big fingers and was wearing 5mm wet gloves, I imagine with thicker wet gloves or dry gloves it would be useless. I'm going to swap it out for some Hollis or Apollo pull tabs. Perhaps it's something you guys could look at changing. Of course it could just be me.

Anyway, thanks for making some nice fins that fit me.

---------- Post added January 26th, 2014 at 12:04 AM ----------

For anyone who's interested I wear Medium Santi Flex sole boots, two pairs of woolen socks and the Medium fins fit perfectly.

---------- Post added January 26th, 2014 at 12:05 AM ----------

I wear a 6.5 US shoe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom