XL long backplate SS only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlito35

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for longer heavier backplate like the DSS with weight extra long backplate or the Fredt models or whatever need long and heavy. Thanks

good luck... I gave up after 1-2 years and bought new. The difference was worth it (but sucked to have to spend the money). Then again, if you need one, you already know what challenges there are regarding anything when you are tall......

good luck... I gave up after 1-2 years and bought new. The difference was worth it (but sucked to have to spend the money). Then again, if you need one, you already know what challenges there are regarding anything when you are tall......

Tall or unusual anything out of the mainstream creates issues. But oh the advantages of being tall in life....

I actually stumbled on a Fredt when trying to buy a drysuit and once I bought it (cheap) I realized how much more comfortable it is for me then the Zeagle or Dive Rite standard size (15-16") i had been using. The FredT is 17 1/2 and 2 pounds heavier and in harness about 100% more comfortable (I'm very long torsoed at 6'3). This is my quest for another one. Might grab a new Deep Sea Outdoors with the integrated weights for dry suit diving so I don't need top strap 40 pounds on my belt...

I also had a Floridian on this board offer to sell me a Deep Sea tall backplate but then someone local bought it. So it goes.

Tall or unusual anything out of the mainstream creates issues. But oh the advantages of being tall in life....

I actually stumbled on a Fredt when trying to buy a drysuit and once I bought it (cheap) I realized how much more comfortable it is for me then the Zeagle or Dive Rite standard size (15-16") i had been using. The FredT is 17 1/2 and 2 pounds heavier and in harness about 100% more comfortable (I'm very long torsoed at 6'3). This is my quest for another one. Might grab a new Deep Sea Outdoors with the integrated weights for dry suit diving so I don't need top strap 40 pounds on my belt...

I also had a Floridian on this board offer to sell me a Deep Sea tall backplate but then someone local bought it. So it goes.

I assume you are referring to my company DeepSeaSupply.

We offer 5 sizes of plates, Small, Medium, Large, Long Pattern and Extra Long Pattern. We don't offer a "Tall"

Look here https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=115

Note that we offer substantial discounts when our plates are purchased as part of a "Rig" i.e. Plate, wing, Harness, cambands.

Tobin

Are longer backplates still available? - asking for a friend who appears to have a long body and my BPW is too short on him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom