Diving around Malaga

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

solentdiver

Reaction score
Well, looks like i'm off to the Brits favourite holiday destination.....Spain!! Malaga in fact, staying in a friends villa. Now to the real question, does anybody know what the diving is like around this region?

Thanks!

Hope there is some local Spanish doods on this site, would love to hear what is going on over there........... I'm attending a friends wedding in December, may be a little too cold to dive.

ShakaZulu:
Hope there is some local Spanish doods on this site, woulf love to hear what is going on over there........... I'm attending a friends wedding in December, may be a little too cold to dive.

Hey too cold ??? Spain?

Where are you going? Estartit is very good - bit of a way from Malaga though.

Chris

hi all

some info on diving in malaga? i used to live and dive there on a regular basis.

First thing is that diving on the south coast is generally a bit deeper than other places in order to see anything.

you will find a lot of dive shops available along the coast, i reccomend to check them out before you go diving.

Depending on which side of malaga you are going, i can recommend two shops Costa Del Sol Diving Centre, which is in Benalmadena, have good equipment that are serviced (ask for Armin), i think they just had new owners though or in Marbella, Diving Marbella (ask for Pierce or Yvonne).

If you go to benalmadena, there are several good dive sites, what is general is that visibility is not top, on good days you may get 20m. Depending where you go, you will see Octopus, Conger eels and several types of fish.
There is also a wreck, which they refer to as Carbonero, which is at 30+m but worth going on.
Cabopino has a reef about 1k out of port, which has varied marine life.
If you go with Pierce, he will take you to either the old lighthouse "los torres" or Bobedas, the later being the better place, visibility is much better here, as is life.

If you are into tech diving you should go with Armin.

The reason i reccomend these two guys, is that they speak english and have been "locals" for years. Safety is priority as well as standard of their facilities.

Diving in Costa del sol, is nowhere near the Red Sea, but does give you a lot of good dives.

hope you find this info useful

Going to Marbella late March-early April '05. Never been to Europe except Amsterdam for a couple of days pre-cert. Still deciding on car rental or bus & train for sightseeing. Probably rent a car for a couple of days at least. Anxious for dive reports when you get back. Will definitely dive at least once. Trying to get wet everywhere I go now that I've got my diver's license. Ain't it great.

dj

Just read the date. Will do another search, which is what I was doing when I found this thread. Hope I remember to exhale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom