Hood report.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Weekday diving is the best! Arrived late Sunday PM at Mikes Resort (sleeping only, no diving there). The next morning at 9:30, met Bob L. and Tim at the Pleasant Harbor Marina where we boarded the Pacific Adventure for a 2-tank dive trip.
First dive at Pulali Point. 15' vis., max depth 100', 47min BT. Flat, calm seas. Saw the usual PNW critters, incl. one octo.
Second dive, The Pinnacle. Very nice. 20' vis. Swam down to 85', then worked our way back up and around the pinnacle. Lots of rock fish, schools of shiners, perch, etc. Saw 3 nice wolf eels. Laughed out load watching Tim and Bob pointing opposite directions at each other back and forth in disagreement on which way back to the anchor line. Somehow, we found it.
Pacific Adventures runs a nice opperation (http://www.pacadventure.com/). Oxygen, camera tank, hot shower, soup and drinks. OK to enter the heated cabin wet. Enclosed head. The boat is a little slow, but I kinda' enjoyed that.
Later, got air at Mikes, then our third dive of the day was a shore, night dive at Octopus Hole. 20' vis. Tons of shrimp. One cool undulating worm, plus the usual fare. Came right back up at the rock path - just like we knew what we were doing. The stars were amazingly brilliant. The Mexican food in Sheldon (sp?) proves that hunger really is the best sauce.
Then, back to Mikes for another night's sleep.
Next morning, more air at Mikes, then checked out. Tim talked Mike (the Mike of Hood Sport - which is still closed Tue) into loaning us the key to Sund Rock (for the usual $15 each, of course), and we had the site all to ourselves.
First dive we hit the wreck. Second dive, south to the wall. Nice sunny day with 25-28' vis, two nice octos, lots of HUGE lings with eggs, the usual nudis, etc. Very nice.
Two days, 5 dives and we never saw another diver. Sunshine and glass water. Ahhh, weekdays in February in the great, PNW...

More pics (from Bob L).

Rick Inman:
More pics (from Bob L).

Wasn't aware you knew Bob Lew ... looks like he's having fun with his new digital camera.

Ain't he an awesome dive buddy? Best critter finder I ever dove with.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Wasn't aware you knew Bob Lew ... looks like he's having fun with his new digital camera.

Ain't he an awesome dive buddy? Best critter finder I ever dove with.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Bob,
Have dived with Bob Lew many times, in fact, you and I talked about him when you told me the story of how you two first met. He is one of the truely good people.
Yeah, he went crazy with the new cam. Between him and Tim (our other buddy) it was like a disco club strobe light show, flash-flash-flash-flash.....
And boy does he have an eye for spotting the cool stuff!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom