Incredible Roatan Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

victorzamora

Contributor
Reaction score
I was sent the link to this the other day, and I've GOT to ask if anyone's been. Apparently, there's a tank rental and fill station place right across the water. All inclusive, 100% private. Thoughts?

Fort Morgan Cay: Private Island

Last edited:
Very interesting. I have never even HEARD of it before. There is one review on TripAdvisor from 2011 - nothing since. My thought would be that for diving purposes, the location would be absolutely superb :D

I knew the guy who built the runway, by the name of Bill Evans. Another friend named Freddie Bloch used to own it. He always went "first class".

By sheer location, it would have to be AI, nowhere else you could go from there with any ease.

Looks interesting. Where did you get the thing about "tank rental and fill across the water"? Who/what provides that service?

Freddie Bloch's son told me about the tank fill/rental place. And yeah, the Blochs did everything first-class-only.

I was sent the link to this the other day, and I've GOT to ask if anyone's been. Apparently, there's a tank rental and fill station place right across the water. All inclusive, 100% private. Thoughts?

Fort Morgan Cay: Private Island

Daveet, the Reefhouse DM, has pointed the island out to me and mentioned there was an "airport" and some fancy houses on it. I got the impression some rich person owned it and hangs out, not any type of resort. Interesting stuff.

Haha, some rich person DOES own it and hangs out....but he (or they) are currently renting it out. Did you do any dives near Fort Morgan Cay?

Haha, some rich person DOES own it and hangs out....but he (or they) are currently renting it out. Did you do any dives near Fort Morgan Cay?

In the general vicinity, yes. I don't have access to my log to retrieve the names but Reefhouse boats visit several sites near it and Port Royal. My recollection is a lot of squid at a couple of them and they are all in good shape, being less visited than the sites to the west probably has something to do with that. I'm heading back to Reefhouse and the east end sites later this year, good diving there.

That's good to know. It looks like an AWESOME place to be if the diving's as good as it seems. I'm glad to hear it's good around there. I was hoping the fact that it was a less-traveled area would be better diving. I think it could make for GREAT shore diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom