Hollis wings for $99.00 - 7 Days only!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are any of these for use with doubles?
Damn that's a good price and I'm so tempted to buy something I don't need yet.

These particular wings are all designed to use with doubles. The Donut 45 would work for a single, but the others are all too large.

Each design and lift capacity is right for certain setups. What size doubles do you plan on using? Aluminum? Steel? We can help you choose a wing that will work for you.

I picked up an extra wing. Nice price.

These particular wings are all designed to use with doubles. The Donut 45 would work for a single, but the others are all too large.

Each design and lift capacity is right for certain setups. What size doubles do you plan on using? Aluminum? Steel? We can help you choose a wing that will work for you.

Honestly I'm not sure. I did just buy a Back inflate BCD, so a BP/W won't behave too differently, but I'd like to get into tech eventually. I'm already thinking about rigged staging bottles, so I know I'll be there in the next few years. For doubles I don't have a full set yet, although would probably be in the medium-high end range. I have a single LP72, so if it worked out something as small as that, however I wouldn't want to limit myself from picking up HP120s for longer deco dives.

It's a tad premature but that price is definitely good enough to tempt me.

What's your advice?

That's a heckuva price no matter what.

While you're offering advice...have you a recommendation for twin Faber HP100s....sidemounted on a Transpac with buttplate?

Last edited:
Just ordered one.....good excuse to try a Hollis wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LP steel 85 doubles.

The 45 would be nice and streamlined for LP85s. If you go with anything much bigger, you will want more lift. The 55 or 60 is a nice all-around size.

---------- Post added January 30th, 2014 at 07:24 PM ----------

I picked up an extra wing. Nice price.

Packed, shipped and on it's way! Enjoy...

---------- Post added January 30th, 2014 at 07:31 PM ----------

Honestly I'm not sure. I did just buy a Back inflate BCD, so a BP/W won't behave too differently, but I'd like to get into tech eventually. I'm already thinking about rigged staging bottles, so I know I'll be there in the next few years. For doubles I don't have a full set yet, although would probably be in the medium-high end range. I have a single LP72, so if it worked out something as small as that, however I wouldn't want to limit myself from picking up HP120s for longer deco dives.

It's a tad premature but that price is definitely good enough to tempt me.

What's your advice?

There there really isn't a wing that will work well for both a single 72 and double 120s. The 45 donut is the only wing out of this batch that would be decent for a single, although it is a bit large for singles diving.

If you want to dive double 120s- you will need more than the 45 lbs - we would suggest the 60 lb, it is a good all around doubles wing. The 85 lb wing is very large, and useful in special applications - usually you would know if you needed the 85lb wing.

---------- Post added January 30th, 2014 at 07:34 PM ----------

That's a heckuva price no matter what.

While you're offering advice...have you a recommendation for twin Faber HP100s....sidemounted on a Transpac with buttplate.

To be honest, with this setup you will be much happier with a SM specific wing. You can adapt/rig/modify one of these clearance wings to work with a SM setup, but it won't work as smoothly as buying a Dive Rite Nomad wing to work with your transpac.

---------- Post added January 30th, 2014 at 07:35 PM ----------

Just ordered one.....good excuse to try a Hollis wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely! At this price, how could you not? Boxed up and will go out tomorrow morning. Thanks for choosing Dive Addicts!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom