New GoPro Hero 3 & Hero 3+ ModKit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

InFocusHD

Registered
Reaction score
InFocusHD has been a distributor of high quality dive products for over 3 years. Our current lead project is the Ribcage mod kit for GoPro Hero3 and Hero3+ Black. We all have been very impressed with the amazing capabilities of this intrepid little camera, from its small size, to its WiFi remote and camera syncing and its wide array of excellent shooting options. This will allow the user to not only connect any widely available M12, CS or C-mount lens, but also almost any other manual camera lens available via an adapter ring. An underwater housing is in the works.

Here is a sample video: Ribcage Lens Mod KIt for the GoPro Hero 3+ - YouTube

Supplies are limited, you may order with the following link

Ribcage ModKit For The GoPro Hero 3 & Hero 3+ | Focus Precision Inc

ribcage-reveal_1024x1024.jpg

Wow this is super cool. I'm just curious how this would compare to intro level DSLR's like the Nikon D3200 and Canon Rebel T3i. Very cool though no doubt.

Wow this is super cool. I'm just curious how this would compare to intro level DSLR's like the Nikon D3200 and Canon Rebel T3i. Very cool though no doubt.
Given the sensor size is roughly ~15.6 times larger on a consumer level dSLR don't expect stellar quality. That with the additional losses in light from whatever lens you put on top of the go pro would limit this to very high light situations.

In the subject of scuba, it doesn't look waterproof.

Mr. Chen, just like to share the emerging technology that we have developed. 85% of my products are scuba related, eventually we will be able to develop an underwater housing with a zoom capability for a GoPro which is pretty cool.

Ok, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Looks cool, but I want to take it underwater :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom