flooded battery dive rite RX10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomfcrist

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So I flooded the canister section of my light yesterday...battery started reacting pretty badly to the salt water. How ****ed is this light? Should I even bother sending it to dive rite? Or should I use the salvageable parts to built a DIY can light?

I would think that if your batteries are done and the remaining light is good you just need new batteries, and o-ring to prevent future flooding. Did the water damage the other connectors or penetrate up the power cable? That might take a little more work to get all the salt out..

So I flooded the canister section of my light yesterday...battery started reacting pretty badly to the salt water. How ****ed is this light? Should I even bother sending it to dive rite? Or should I use the salvageable parts to built a DIY can light?

tomfcrist,
If you flooded to the point that your battery started reacting, there is probably significant damage to the other parts of the light. You can always give us a call and talk to someone in service or send an email to support@diverite.com, we should be able to give you a couple options to get it fixed up.

Safe Diving,
Jared

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom