Wet suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corbo74

New
Reaction score
And I mean wet suits for temperatures 55+ when the air temperature is warmer than that. I have never tried a dry suit and not sure I would like layering underneath like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bro..... not to be mean but,... theres no question nor a clear statement in your post.....

reword it. are you asking about wet suits or drysuits or are u asking about warm water above 55 or bellow 55 C or F water temp or air temp.

---------- Post added February 8th, 2014 at 04:33 PM ----------

Welcome to Scubaboard btw :D

For single tank recreational dives at 55F+ many people are comfortable in a 7mm wetsuit or semidry. If you want extra warmth you can add a hooded vest, short john, or other layer to give you more neoprene.

Above 65F I use a farmer John 7mm with a 7mm step in jacket, for 55 to 65 temps I add a 2mm hooded vest. That gives my torso 14mm to 16mm of insulation. Below 55 I use my dry suit a 4mm crushed neoprene front zipper suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom