Ice Road Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oneshotshooter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4QHkjVY2vQ&list=UU967DCGk9p_atUywsSUuqoQ&feature=c4-overview

On Saturday, February 15, we blazed a trail across the vast frozen ice cap for some reef diving! Temperatures started out in the subzero category and warmed up to double digits by the afternoon. The main purpose of the dive, other than to have some fun, was to try out some new undergarments. I purchased my DUI TLS 350 dry suit over eight years and 25lbs ago. The dry suit has always been a good weight check margin, but I haven't lost enough this year for it to fit comfortably , with the DUI thermal undergarments. There is a local company here in Eagan, Minnesota,That has developed heat generating undergarments. The company's name is WSI Sports, And their product is Heatr Max. They supplied the winning Super Bowl team with their product and also a sponsor of the Winter Olympics athletes. I contacted them and asked if they had tested it by any divers. They hadn't, and I volunteered my services. I conducted 2 dives, one at approximately 30+ minutes, and the second at about 18 min. I had on the Heatr socks, Heatr pants, And the Arctic Max shirt. Unfortunately, due to the overwhelming success of their Heatr product,They did not have any Heatr shirts in my size. I wore Carhart brand longjohns and longjohns shirt over the undergarments, along with a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt. The product was a great success! I had a lot less bulk and was able to stay warm with more freedom of movement in my dry suit. The company is taking orders and you would have to contact them if you want to try out their product. WSI Sports quality protective performance apparel 100% Made in USA - Protective Performance Apparel Made in the USA

---------- Post added February 18th, 2014 at 06:14 PM ----------

ICE ROAD DIVERS - YouTube

above link incorrect

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom