Diving/WhaleSharks. Stay in Donsol or Ticao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm new here and have been lurking and reading. I'm now planning a trip and have a question about Donsol/Ticao.

Trip Planned: Early March for 4D/3N. Main objective is to see whale sharks in Donsol. Second objective to see Manta and do some dives.
Currently looks like this:
Day 1: Arrival, whale sharks, stay in Donsol (Dancalan Beach Resort)
Day 2: Diving, stay in Donsol
Day 3: Diving, stay in Donsol
Day 4: Whale sharks OR Whale Sharks, stay in Donsol
Day 5: Breakfast, departure

Questions:
1) Would it make more sense to spend days 2 and 3 on Ticao (Ticao Island Resort)? Or is it fine to dive out of Donsol (I know there's no whaleshark diving in the Donsol area)
2) If I stay in Donsol, will all the dives be going up to Ticao anyway?
3) Any other tips, advice, pointers?

I'd like to keep one day (currently day 4) to either dive or do more whale shark snorkeling.

I'm hoping to book in the next day or two - so advice MUCH appreciated.

Looking forward to it :)

My wife and I visited Donsol as part of our honeymoon (Dec 2012) - we had one day to try for Whale Sharks but didnt get to see any. People saw heaps the day before and I think they also did on the morning we left too!!!

The diving wasn't that impressive and our dive guide said no mantas has been seen for a long time. We didnt visit Ticao but it wasnt that long on the boat to dive sites from Donsol, especially when the water is like glass.

We loved Donsol though, so relaxing.

Back
Top Bottom