PDX diver - Mar 1/2 wknd buddy? Weekdays, more...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quattroluvr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi PDX area divers...

My background: ~200 dives, ~half in PacNW. Advanced cert, drysuit, own steel HP100's, nitrox, pony. Rec diver. Not interested in over 100'/tech diving. Don't mind surface swims. Don't have a boat or yak (yet). I do have a way cool fat tire beach cart for hauling gear on longer sand or trail accesses. Am a guy, (I get junk mail all the time for "Ms. Leigh").
I do spearfish, but only away from popular rec dive sites, and not in Hood/Puget. (including practice on invasive species that harm native game fishies.) Am taking a free-diving class on 3/9 to investigate that world.

For this coming wknd, March 1 and/or 2, I'm looking for buddies for shore diving only. I need one more dive to fine-tune/verify wt and trim for new drysuit and BP/W gear.... before I go jumping off a charter boat. (Wknd can include overnight stay Sat night. I have relatives in Seattle - or motel it if Hood Canal or Olympic peninsula.)
BTW - after a consulting gig is done (after Friday March 7), i'm back to also having weekdays diving availability, for divers that have to work wknds.

April 25 long wknd: Also looking to put together an Oregon team to drive up to Neah Bay for 3-4 day long wknd April 26/27 wknd, after the ling season opens. Weather permitting. Rent a boat there maybe. Also hit Salt Creek on way up or back, and another 'secret' location, weather permitting.

Also planning to do a lot of Oregon coast diving once the winter swells/winds subside late Spring. I have my eye on some cool sites, if you are a bit adventurous, strong diver, don't mind some effort, and want some variety other than Hood/Puget, let me know. Also open to charter boat dives on OR coast, weather permitting.

Cheers,
Leigh in downtown PDX
Please contact via: quattroluvr at-sign gmail dot usual domain

---------- Post added February 28th, 2014 at 09:32 AM ----------

bump. anybody for this wknd??

My usual buddy still has a cold. Any Oregon diver up for a shore dive?

---------- Post added March 1st, 2014 at 05:39 PM ----------

Had an offline question to me about dive charters on OR coast... thought I'd share info here as well.
"Try Welcome to Garibaldi Charters-Salmon, Bottom fishing, Halibut & Tuna Charters offers dive charters out of Garibaldi.
(when the weather and swells calm down ;-)
If either of us tries puts together enough people (6), let's collaborate. I want to make a push to charter at least once or twice this summer.
Caveat: Offshore OR diving is safe only for hard core, experienced cold water divers, with well-tuned equip and skills and plenty of signaling gear. I did a boat dive on a seamount south of Garibaldi a ways and I was the only one with a DiveAlert power whistle in order to get the boat to us. (fog rolled in).
Leigh in PDX"

Last edited:
I would certainly jump on some Oregon Coast boat dives if some trips come together.
I might be able to get 4 people in for it if we have a bit of lead time on when the dive is going to happen.

Hi FlyinV, sounds good re OR boat dive coordination. Let's both keep an eye out for opportunities and good conditions. I'll PM you my contact info.
Leigh

I would also be interested in getting in on some OR coast boat dives with advance lead time to plan for the trip. I'm pretty much doing solo dives these days but wouldn't rule out some buddy dives on weekdays, weekends, overnighters if timing works out. I don't spearfish or hunt and not a tech diver, sticking to single steel tanks of various sizes (know anyone that is in the market for some LP tanks?) and trying to figure out how to dive out of a kayak, which is quite entertaining to watch.

Back
Top Bottom