What do you look for in a Dive charter in the Puget Sound/Canada/Oregon area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GaryPJ

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering what was important for divers in this area, Covered warm area to go into?, Smaller groups 4-6 divers and the choice of where you dive?, price? and so on and no Im not a operator, just doing a little research for a Intro to Bus class.

Most important to me is a captain and crew that know their sites and know what they are doing. A warm place for surface interval is pretty much an absolute requirement, especially outside of our few weeks of summer. I don't mind a larger group if the boat is set up for it. I'll pay more for charters that go to excellent sites. I will NOT dive with a boat with surly crew, and it has kept me from doing dives I would otherwise like to do in our area.

Thank you for the input, I didnt even think about asking about crew

I was wondering what was important for divers in this area, Covered warm area to go into?, Smaller groups 4-6 divers and the choice of where you dive?, price? and so on and no Im not a operator, just doing a little research for a Intro to Bus class.

If you're considering Hood Canal, I'd enthusiastically recommend PacAdventures Hood Canal Pacific Adventure Dive Charters in Hood Canal near Brinnon Washington Puget Sound- pacadventure Captain Don knows the dive sites, six seats max on the boat, there is a heated space (not important to me), chowder/warm cookies between diives, NEVER EVER pushes you to end your dive before you've used your air, treats you like an adult, and makes the experience very pleasant.

Two very big thumbs up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom