Nikon 4500 Tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mobymark

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey , just bought a Nikon Coolpix 4500 with an Ikelite underwater housing. Anyone out there have any tips on lens fogging and glare as it is a clear housing. Ive used a Nikonos before and F90 with a housing, so I am new to digital photography. Any tips will do! Mark.

I have Olympus C5050 with Ikelite housing. I don't find glare to be a big problem at all.
As far as fogging goes, if you dive mostly in warm water, it is not a big deal. Generally if you have a choice of opening and closing your housing in air-con room, that pretty much takes care of the problem. Keeping LCD monitor off when you are not shooting also helps keep the temp inside the housing down a bit which is also helpful.
The little desicant package is also helpful (as long as it is fresh).

Wow, that was quick. Thanks for the tips. One of my Instructors is working in Kao Lak at the Sea Dragon, and keeps asking me to come out to Thailand. He got some great pics from there. Someday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom