Dive trip to the Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kris Hall

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi! First post in the forum but hoping for some advice about a short dive trip to the Maldives in a couple of weeks. The plan is to try to definitely see whale sharks and maybe also manta rays and apparently the South Ari Atoll is the best place for these.we're one a very tight budget and are trying to work out which islands will be best for achieving this and if anyone knows the cheapest (and as nice as possible) guesthouses and which dive centres to go with? From reading around a bit it sounds as if Maamigili island is best for whale sharks and Rangali Reef is best for mantas but any input is much appreciated. Cheers, Kris

I do not think that it will be easy to find Manta AND whale sharks close to the same island. Check One week cruise. I am not sure that they are much more expensive than local diveshop + Hotels. Certainly if you calculate price/dive, on the liveboard, one enjoys 3 to 4 dives per day. You have coosen one of the best places when it comes to diving.

---------- Post added March 5th, 2014 at 07:08 PM ----------

Maamigili island to Rangali Reef 45 km, so feasible during a day trip. My mistake.

Back
Top Bottom