Getting in the pool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcarter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Today I picked up my regs from annual service, and my multiplying tanks from annual VIP.

Time to jump in the pool and shake some rust, try out the new BP/W and hopefully get it in trim before Florida in May. The way this winter is going I somehow don't think I'll be diving here before then.

Last dive was October 4th, and I'm getting itchy!

You really should have showered after that last dive :rofl3:

You have new stuff and you haven't tried it yet?

Today I picked up my regs from annual service, and my multiplying tanks from annual VIP.

Time to jump in the pool and shake some rust, try out the new BP/W and hopefully get it in trim before Florida in May. The way this winter is going I somehow don't think I'll be diving here before then.

I know, crazy, eh?

Maybe I should shower before I put my wetsuit on though... :)

I don't have any new stuff to try. The guy at the dive shop I go to has already told me that there is nothing else I really need. Now if I WANT something he is willing to help me buy it.

Damn, now I think I need to go to the dive shop this afternoon.:D

They have a pool, and a shower.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Distance from my home to springs.
Ginnie 25 miles
Peacock 26 miles
Manatee 47 miles
Cow 24 miles
Madison 55 miles
Moved here from Michigan 9 years ago. Can go diving 365 days a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The water around here is either hard (frozen) or too danged murky and cold for my liking. The pool on the other hand is.........a pool. The blue hole in NM is 389 miles away. The pool is much closer.

What pool are you useing carter
I have a hankering to get out and try new regs as well

Distance from my home to springs.
Ginnie 25 miles
Peacock 26 miles
Manatee 47 miles
Cow 24 miles
Madison 55 miles
Moved here from Michigan 9 years ago. Can go diving 365 days a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. My earliest spring dive here was April 14. 38F. Last year May 5, 44F. 40% of my dives have been under 50F. I will be happy with a May start in Florida :)

---------- Post added March 9th, 2014 at 03:43 PM ----------

What pool are you useing carter
I have a hankering to get out and try new regs as well

PM sent

---------- Post added March 9th, 2014 at 03:51 PM ----------

Gear checked. Initial adjustments done on the harness. Ready to go for Tuesday :).

Just back from the pool. Major learnings:

After 5 months dry, even a pool dive rocks (80F).

I'm gonna love diving this BP/W. As BCDs go, my Balance was not all that cluttered, but wow! BP/W so easy to don/doff, feels like it isn't even there in the water! My Balance was back inflate, so no adjustment to make there.

NetDoc's bungee method for attaching weights http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/si...how-you-attach-hard-lead-rig.html#post7055380 is the cat's ass, especially when playing with your trim.

Weighting was pretty much where I expected. Last year with a 1 piece 7mm and my HP100s in fresh water, 12lbs of lead with the Balance. In the pool tonight with the BP/W, -6 for the plate, +5 for the AL80, and -1 for eliminating the "floaty bits" of the Balance brought me right in at 10lbs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom