Lost dives when adding to OceanLog from VT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Montana Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently returned from vacation and when I went to download my dives from my DC, I was only able to download 4 of the 10 dives.

I contacted Oceanic via their website and they responded quickly, informing me of the problem I had created in my VT3 programming.
This is the first time I have traveled with out a laptop, so I was not downloading dives during vacation.

I had set the sampling frequency to 2 seconds thinking that would provide me with a faster response time when viewing my dive data.
The problem that occurs is that the dive log portion of the computer can only record a finite amount of data. At 2 seconds, it amounted to 4 dives.
All the dives are still in the dive history, so I was able to recreate and add these dives, I just lost the ease of having the program compute my SAC. The
best part of that was that my first dive was an extremely high SAC since it had been 6 months since I had been in the water and my octo was free-flowing
at the surface until I got it back in the correct position. I must have been a little anxious cause I blew though my tank quickly.

The solution to have more downloadable dives is to set the sampling rate to a higher number or download them more often.

I hope this might solve issues for others that are prepping for a vacation.

Dennis

They suggested the 30 second sampling. I will opt for the 15 second rate. At 2 seconds the system saves 160 minutes of dive time. At 15; 1200 minutes, 30; 2400 minutes. The 15 looks good to me unless I would be diving more than 20 times without the ability to download.

I had this issue too with my Versa Pro, it has been a while, but I remember not being able to download all the info from the computer, I called Oceanic tech support then and we went back and forth on what could be causing the issue, in the end, it was not resolved, here's my final thought on the issue then...

I have the same problem, i have corrected the cable problem, but just some of the data is downloaded, the first time i tried i think it downloaded only like 10-20% of the data, at first i thought it was all that was stored in the PDC but after several dives and a new attempt to download the data, again it was clear that only some dives were transferred to the PC, i can access it in the PDC but it does not download to the PC.
i called the tech support and was instructed on how to solve the problem but it did not work, they asked me to have the PDC do a "dive" for so many minutes (sorry, can't remember how long) after some settings adjustments but still, dives are being left behind, frustrating.
i got tired and bought suunto PDCs, so i haven't used the oceanic versa pro in a while now, but i still would like very much to get that info from it transferred to my PC, so if you guys figure a way to do that i would love to know, thanks!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom