Sabang water conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOODMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are leaving for Sabang in less than a week, and was wondering if anybody had any recent information on water temps and conditions? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks for your assistance. Woody

i am going next month too, early april, but i have not decide which dive operator to go with. have u choose yours?

Not sure about water temps, but for instant condition checks, El Galleon has a web cam.
El Galleon Beach Resort Puerto Galera Current Webcam Images Travel Guide

Jamescjy - Highly recommend Asia Divers for dive operator. Highly professional team of staff, they are the only operator that's got their private pier. Makes things easier when getting on and off boats.

Today the water temp was 26 C at the Giant Clams.

We had a little bit of rain this morning but only for a few minutes and then it was sunny for the rest of the day,fairly warm in fact. Waves were not too big either.

Anything else just ask :)

I was there in November and the water was 28C. Lovely. not the clearest but reasonable vis.

I highly recommend Blue Ribbon divers. they are very very pro and great fun too. The resort is nice and very reasonably priced too. Puerto Galera Resort & Diving in Puerto Galera We were there during Typhoon Yolanda/Haian and they took it very seriously.

Asia Divers are a big op with lots of divers and it looks like quite a scrum in the morning.

i am going next month too, early april, but i have not decide which dive operator to go with. have u choose yours?

I am using Asia Divers, as they have been highly recommended to me and they are attached to El Galleon, where I am staying. Won't be long now...

We are leaving for Sabang in less than a week, and was wondering if anybody had any recent information on water temps and conditions? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks for your assistance. Woody

I was just there last week and water temperature was about 24C. Cold for some but comfortable for me in board shorts and a rashie :D

I would highly recommend Searider Dive Center (http://www.seariderdivecenter.com/index.html); Dived with them for a week last week and they were very accommodating with my requests when it came to things I wanted to see and sites I wanted to go. It helps that their rates are the most competitive among the dive centres there! Oh.. They're also the only locally-owned dive centre.

woodman,

just arrived in sabang yesterday and going on first dive with scandi divers today. I was informed the water temp was 78 F so I brought my full 5mil wetsuit.

Guugagallunga - how about a full report.

Anyone consider Atlantis?

Cost of a nice dinner in town?

Thanks

We were at Atlantis in February. We loved the place. Physically beautiful, very comfortable rooms, good food, excellent dive op. Water temperature was about 77F. I'm still putting a trip report together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom