Homemade Underwater Documentaries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ermaclob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
:dork2:

so... was wondering, nowadays that underwater video cameras are so widely available especially ones the like the GoPro that are affordable yet deliver good quality. Has anyone ever been board or for a project or something tried to make there own little DIY documentary of a favorite dive site or creature or even local area etc??

Would be really cool to see what people have come up with.

edit:

maybe i should clarify a little. When i say documentaries i mean little or long edited videos trying to showcase something with strategic shots and narration.

when i say homemade i mean you and like a camera an may be some friends to help set up. no real budget.

and when i say underwater i mean.... well... underwater...

I am currently in the process if writing a script and looking at what is involved production wise so i would be interested in this as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you go to Vimeo and search for "hunting for King crab" you'll find a very well made doc/movie made by some finnish divers.

I made this one a couple of years ago. It was shown over three days at the Scuba Show and earned me a little cash. :)

I've produced nearly 50 episodes of my "Munching & Mating in the Macrocystis" cable TV show (available in podcast format on my YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/user/DrBillBushing). All of these episodes about marine life in our giant kelp forests were filmed, edited, narrated and produced by myself (I can't afford to pay anyone else!). I also wash the dishes and sweep the floors in my home "studio."

Wouldn't it be great if we could form a collective that pooled all the shows produced by ScubaBoard members for broadcast on a SCUBA cable TV channel?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom