Brand New Suunto DX Elastomer Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I won this dive computer in a competition with Sport Diver Magazine, and it comes brand new, boxed and unopened.

I am only a recreational 40m max diver and have no need for something so fancy, and I'm more than happy with my Suunto Zoop!

This model normally retails for £896 in the UK, so if you're interested please message me your best offer. I can only offer postage to the UK and will ensure to send it Special Delivery.

Model specifics below:

[h=3]Info on the Suunto DX Dive Computer with Elastomer Strap[/h]The Suunto DX (D-Ten) is the first watch format dive computer that is rebreather compatible as well as offering full open circuit support for recreational and technical diving.

The DX is a non-monitoring setpoint dive computer that works to support any rebreather. It introduces the new Suunto Fused RGBM algorithm that seamlessly blends the benefits of both the Suunto recreational and technical algorithms. The Fused RGBM automatically switches between the two algorithms to allow slow continuous ascents that minimise decompression times for technical divers and safely maximises bottom time for recreational divers.

[h=3]Manufacturers part number: SS019016000[/h]
[h=4]Features[/h]The DX features all the typical features that you would expect in a high specification dive computer including:

• 3D tilt compensating electronic compass
  • Gas switching between up to eight gases
  • Optional wireless integration
  • Five modes - CCR, Air, Mixed Gas, Gauge and Off
  • Trimix support including Helium and Oxygen
  • Nitrox support
  • Built in dive planner
  • Dot matrix display
  • PC/Mac interface using supplied USB cable

The Rebreather specific features include:

• A Setpoint, non-mopnitoring dive computer with dedicated CCR mode
  • Configure up to three different diluents
  • Adjustable high and low setpoints
  • Custom setpoint during dive
  • Automatic and manual setpoint switching
  • Possibility to switch to open circuit mode in case of bailout.

[h=4]Specification[/h]
  • Titanium housing with black finish
  • Scratch resistant sapphire crystal glass
  • Elastomer strap set
  • Screen size - approximately 26mm wide x 28mm high

Louise, I suggest using the DX as your primary computer and wear the Zoop as a backup. I do essentially that, except that I have a more primitive member of the Suunto "D" family of computers, the D6. Both my primary and backup computers are running the same algorithm, so they display the same no-compression time (within +/- 1 minute, I have found). If my D6 were to fail on a dive, I could do the next dive of the day using the Zoop. Backup computers are a great idea (but for the cost).

Of course, selling the DX for money to use to go diving is no doubt attractive.

Of course, selling the DX for money to use to go diving is no doubt attractive.

Or, he could sell the DX, buy a back up Zoop and still have extra money to go diving... The best of both worlds :wink:

I like my Zoop - is more than enough for my diving needs. The DX would be great for someone who's into Tech diving, but thats just not me, far happier at 10-20m where the fish are beautiful colours and the sun shines down through the waves...ahhhhhh. Selling this does definitely help pay for that next trip somewhere special :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom