Just a Reminder...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
...that the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew First Annual Spring Dive, Meet and Greet at Gilboa Quarry is now TWO months away. Mark your Daytimers/PDS's kids!

Dave (Cldwdiver) and I will be there about noon on Friday the 16th to make a dive or two before everyone gets there and screws up the visibility. Actually we are intending a night dive on the 16th and then some really excellent Maple Porter from Black Forest Brewing Company, next to the fire. We'll have my little 5th wheel and will be all set up by the time you folks start coming in. Feel free to join us on Friday for a couple dives if you want.

Those of you who have a 'Winter Diving Pass' from the good folks at Gilboa get to dive for free. Others will be paying the regular daily fee, and everyone will be charged the daily camping fee if you decide to stay.

Lets pray to the weather gods for good sunny weather that April weekend.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Tom,

I was under the impression that the only way to dive during this time period was with a winter pass. I thought that Mike changed the rules this year.

Maybe this time frame falls outside of the winter pass season.

Then again, I could be wrong.....

You need a pass until the end of march but the pass is good to the end of April. At least that's how I read it.

According to the web site, the daily rate starts the end of March, but those of us who 'ponyed up' the $50 winter fee, can use it until the end of April. So, those who paid for the winter diving, are paid for this trip in April. Those who didn't buy a winter pass, pay the regular fee in April.

That's one of the reasons that we picked this date in April for the spring get together.

Hope to see you guys there.

frankenmuth_tom:
According to the web site, the daily rate starts the end of March, but those of us who 'ponyed up' the $50 winter fee, can use it until the end of April. So, those who paid for the winter diving, are paid for this trip in April. Those who didn't buy a winter pass, pay the regular fee in April.

That's one of the reasons that we picked this date in April for the spring get together.

Hope to see you guys there.

Okay. I didn't see the date you had planned for the dive. Sorry.

Frankenmuth_Tom, Myself and stsiddall also plan on arriving Early Friday. I will also have my 5th wheel. I will have some beer. I know in an another thread I promised beer to somebody.

...but remember our motto. "Life is too short to drink cheap beer." The first guy who opens a Miller Lite, goes into the quarry without an exposure suit!

I plan on trying to get there Friday, but it's so far in the future at this point that anything could happen.

...but remember our motto. "Life is too short to drink cheap beer." The first guy who opens a Miller Lite, goes into the quarry without an exposure suit!

WOW Tom your rough hehe I wouldnt let my worst enemy drink Miller lite. So I guess I better head up to Frankenmuth and get some of that black forest beer just so I know I wont get wet without an exposure suit.

that Tom knows so well is coming with me. I may just slip up there Friday if I will have company. But, let's get in a dive or two before we worry about the beer, LOL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom