excited!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zznola

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am a beginner with 25 dives logged and I'm Very excited about getting my first serious piece of equipment in the mail, from leisure pro, today!

I Went with the Aqua Lung Titan regulator, And, I got it, today!!! Woo hoo ! Did I say excited?

It's a Basic reg but I did all the research and it seemed like the best choice for me.
The Titan represented itself as a reliable, easy to repair, entry level, workhorse. But, with only the first stage being balanced, it was less expensive. It is still a very good, reliable reg and an easy breather according to the internet.

With the more expensive, better regs out there,I really doubt weather I could tell the difference with their slight performance enhancements or fine tuning, so,the price was right and I chose the Titan. Can't wait to get it wet!

Believe me it was a tough choice. As you know, there are so many factors and so many shared opinions and advice out there. I did remember the last rentalI Equip .I had used and priced all of that as well. I figured if those levels of equipment and prices were good enough for my first 25 dives I then that level of equipment is right for the next step as well. As I move forward I'll upgrade. Only if necessary though. A lot of people also say they've been diving the same reg for a while. So we'll see.

I'm expecting my new bcd in a couple of days. I went with the Dimension I 3, also by Aqua Lung.
I'll post up again then.
Stoked, totally!
Going for a pool test next week, then pompano beach, Florida, next month. can't wait!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i share your excitement and enthusiasm for you new life support system. congrats , enjoy and dive safe.

Congrats on your new purchase. I know how your feeling i bought all my gear 3 yrs ago and i was so happy. Actually i still get very wcited anytime i buy something.

Thanks, I keep looking at it but without the pool all I can do is look for now. Soon enough though.

The Titan's a good reg. It was developed as a less expensive alternative to the Legend, and turned out to be nearly as good a performer ... an excellent choice for the money.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Congratulations, I'm getting one soon myself and will get to use it in a couple of weeks.
I can't wait to try it either and might just hook it up and take a walk around the neighborhood breathing it,in the rain , at night.:cool2::cool2: Wearing my prescription mask? I don't think my neighbors will notice because I do stuff like this all the time. Or if my wife catches me I'll fill the bathtub way high and try it in there ,with the door locked, I can hear her coming with my head under the water very well,I've tried it before.

I have several sets of the Titan regs, and now service them myself. I have the sealed version, which has been great in very cold water. Tried the Legend to 100', and didn't notice much difference.

The best thing about having your own new equipment, besides the excitement when new, is the subconcious knowledge of knowing where everything is, and being able to perform need tasks without worrying "where is my alternate on this BC?"

Enjoy,

Terry

I am a beginner with 25 dives logged and I'm Very excited about getting my first serious piece of equipment in the mail, from leisure pro, today!

I Went with the Aqua Lung Titan regulator, And, I got it, today!!! Woo hoo ! Did I say excited?

It's a Basic reg but I did all the research and it seemed like the best choice for me.
The Titan represented itself as a reliable, easy to repair, entry level, workhorse. But, with only the first stage being balanced, it was less expensive. It is still a very good, reliable reg and an easy breather according to the internet.

With the more expensive, better regs out there,I really doubt weather I could tell the difference with their slight performance enhancements or fine tuning, so,the price was right and I chose the Titan. Can't wait to get it wet!

Believe me it was a tough choice. As you know, there are so many factors and so many shared opinions and advice out there. I did remember the last rentalI Equip .I had used and priced all of that as well. I figured if those levels of equipment and prices were good enough for my first 25 dives I then that level of equipment is right for the next step as well. As I move forward I'll upgrade. Only if necessary though. A lot of people also say they've been diving the same reg for a while. So we'll see.

I'm expecting my new bcd in a couple of days. I went with the Dimension I 3, also by Aqua Lung.
I'll post up again then.
Stoked, totally!
Going for a pool test next week, then pompano beach, Florida, next month. can't wait!

So is it the Titon,Titon LX, or Titan LX supreme that you got ?. I think I'm going for the Titon LX because i don't ever plan on diving cold water, how about you?.

Well; there goes your disposable income for the rest of your life. Enjoy living in poverty while you wonder if switching from Ramen noodles to cat food will let you go on that dive trip.

Should have taken up smoking crack. It's cheaper!

Enjoy your gear! I know I love that feeling of waiting for the brown truck to arrive with my latest scuba goodie! Now if you'll excuse me, my cat food is done!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom