roatan packing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjchandler

Contributor
Reaction score
flying from san pedro sula to roatan on TACA. is it advisable to carry on computers and regs? Does the airline force you to check this stuff?

TACA does not. I took my reg and comp carry on last October. Wouldn't have it any other way. I had no problems doing that. Most on the plane did the same. I flew from Miami to Roatan and back this way.

It is advisable to carry this equipment for obvious reasons.

Colin Berry

I carried my regs and computer and they didn't even open the carryon. I did ask Taca to hand ck my luggage so that I could lock it afterwards. Only thing they pulled out was pepto bismol to look at and batteries. Have fun. Where are you staying?

rjchandler:
anthonys key

And keep Nancy out of trouble. You won't have as much help as you do at Gilboa. 8)

JohnF

If you're landing in SPS first, definately take your regs, computer and anything you couldn't rent in your carry on.

I always pack my regs and computer in my carry-on. Been half way around the planet with very few problems. Just means more funny looks and requests to open my bag from non-diver type security guards. Wouldn't even consider packing them in my checked baggage.

I would so carry on regs and computers. I met some divers who didn't get their things until the second to the last day of their week long trip. They got reimbursed something like $75 each to get bathing suits and whatever else personal equipment that could buy. If it's not to late, assuming you're flying from the US, can you get a direct flight? We were going from LA and took a flight to Houston which went direct to Roatan - Ariel

Anthony's Key....I saw how the people that picked up the divers at the airport crammed and threw gear bags around into the back of that bus while waiting for mine. Carry your reg just for that reason alone!! It doesn't take much space. It is your life support. Trust only yourself to it's care.

Colin Berry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom