Hollis SMS50 is on sale it seems?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finneli Felwitch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Saw an ad from Divergear express that the Hollis SMS50 sport and tech are on sale for $349 but the ad also said April Fools Sale. Divergear express has in the past done April fools jokes but this one seems to be real.

(If only the Stealth 2.0 would go on sale)

How does the SMS50 compare to the Nomad LT? They appear to be trying to compete directly with each other, and with the sale Hollis dips below DiveRite in pricing. Is there a strong reason why some people might prefer one to the other?

I have the Nomad LT tech and have handled the SMS50. The 50 is a little easier to modify. Such as weight placement, getting rid of the stock bungee system, etc. I bought the LT at way below retail from a friend. Way less than the SMS50 DGE is advertising. My main reason for having it. And it looks way different than when I got it with the stock configuration. The SMS50 would have been easier to set up but not at the price I could get it for at the time.

Dris has the sms50 on sale now as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite often when something like that goes on sale at that kind of discount it means that something new is coming, the original did not move as well as anticipated, mfg wants to make room, or they realized the price point was too high and did a rethink.

Agreed....the sms75 seems to be a better product. Could be the reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly, Although for a lightweight, open water, new diver (not just SM diver but new OW diver), warm water travel rig the 50 and the DR LT's are pretty nice choices. Especially at that price.

Yep, seems to be an AUP-wide discount (at least at online dealer volume, haven’t checked with any LDS’s), we have both for the same price as well.

just trying to stimulate some activity, especially in the NE as we are trying to thaw out

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom