With kids last week of October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christian

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking at going to the Maldives with my kids in the last week of October. They will get their OW-certification. Will stay for a week and have recieved a good offer on a resort in the Baa atoll Diving | Sea Explorer.
My experience in the Maldives is limited, so advice from someone who knows the different atolls is very much appreciated. Is this a good/convenient place for a family focused on diving? What's the house reef like? Are there good diving to be had close by?
Are there better alternatives? Other atolls/resorts that make more sense at this particular time of year?

Cheers

Last edited:
We just did a 10 day live aboard, the diving was spectacular...others will be able to give you more information...in our experience the further from Male you are, the better the vis etc...dont know where you are planning to stay so take that into consideration...we saw everything, except dolphins up close...swam with sharks on every dive, whale sharks and mantas too...for instance we did a morning dive at a manta point , now if you were close to one of these(apparantly there are about 12), your resort I am told could organize for you to go....not sure tho if you would need a dive guide based on the ability of your kids to dive tho...so ask that question. there are a lot of dive sites with strong currents which means using reef hooks and this is not usually something for beginners...and these dives are where the sharks generally are...so again its worth thinking about.

We just did a 10 day live aboard, the diving was spectacular...others will be able to give you more information...in our experience the further from Male you are, the better the vis etc...dont know where you are planning to stay so take that into consideration...we saw everything, except dolphins up close...swam with sharks on every dive, whale sharks and mantas too...for instance we did a morning dive at a manta point , now if you were close to one of these(apparantly there are about 12), your resort I am told could organize for you to go....not sure tho if you would need a dive guide based on the ability of your kids to dive tho...so ask that question. there are a lot of dive sites with strong currents which means using reef hooks and this is not usually something for beginners...and these dives are where the sharks generally are...so again its worth thinking about.

Thanks for taking time to respond, but... did you read my post?

Forgive me I was trying to give you some general advice....shouldnt have tried to...our experience was that you should not try to dive in the Maldives on a basic level as there are always nearly strong currents...

Back
Top Bottom