DUI zipseal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smiler1968

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, sorry to jump right into the Forum without first introducing myself, rude I know. Hopefully you will forgive me.

I am looking to get a CF200x and I'm in two minds about the seals. I like the idea of being able to use silicone seals and to be able to change them out quickly. I am happy to get the second generation seals for the wrists. I would re-use the zip ring (latex obviously) and glue new seals to them. It's the neck seals I'm fretting over. The G1 system allows for latex and silicone. It's a smaller hole to get your head through and it's stiff. The G2 is latex only. It's got a larger hole and is more flexible. I could get my head through a G1 and as I understand I could re-use the latex zip ring and glue new seals to it keeping the cost down. Does anyone have the G2 system? Can you separate the zip ring and re-use it like the G1? If not then ill probably go with the G1 or a neoprene seal as the G2 would appear to be a step backwards (can't use silicone and can't re-use the rings). I know DUI are in the process of developing silicone seals for the G2 but there does not seem to be any idea when, if ever, they will be available.

Regards

Jerry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No? No one has the G2 seals? Never mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I may be incorrect, but I believe the G1 seals are only for latex. The Site Q&A mentions G2 seals are on mid-2009 and newer drysuits. G2 seals are for latex or silicone.

DUI Silicone ZipSeals Q&A | DUI Online - drysuits

I bought a Flex Extreme about a year ago, and I believe it has a G2 neck and wrist system, although it was the only one that was available, so I did not pay a lot of attention. I had my suit custom fit, and I wear a 7-¾" hat, and it fit over the head fairly easily-much easier than other suit I have had. One point- the silicone seals are expensive. An extra set will run in the range of $300; whereas, I have a White's Fusion, and the silicone set of seals was about $60.

Terry

Honestly the zipseals are so expensive I'd be interested in fitting a SI-tech ring system. You can use any set of cheapo latex seals or the $50-60 silicone ones.

Honestly the zipseals are so expensive I'd be interested in fitting a SI-tech ring system. You can use any set of cheapo latex seals or the $50-60 silicone ones.

I agree they are very expensive for what they are. I asked DUI whether they would fit the si tech system to a custom suit and they said no. I could get the suit with zip seals as they do not cost any extra and if I don't like them I could get the sitech seals fitted by someone else. I think I am happy with the wrists seals as I can glue new seals onto old zips and keep the cost down. It's the neck seal I can't decide on. If someone with knowledge of the G2 neck seal can confirm whether they can also be re- used, I may consider giving them a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a G2 neck seal on by FLX Extreme, however, after reading your posts a few times, I still have no idea what you are asking.

What do you mean by "can the G2 neck seal be re-used?"

I agree they are very expensive for what they are. I asked DUI whether they would fit the si tech system to a custom suit and they said no. I could get the suit with zip seals as they do not cost any extra and if I don't like them I could get the sitech seals fitted by someone else. I think I am happy with the wrists seals as I can glue new seals onto old zips and keep the cost down. It's the neck seal I can't decide on. If someone with knowledge of the G2 neck seal can confirm whether they can also be re- used, I may consider giving them a go.

When the G2 wrist seals need replacing, the 'zip' part of the seal can be separated (using a hair dryer) from the latex. Once off, the zip can be cleaned and fresh latex seals can be glued to the old zips. Thus creating a 'new' zip seal for a fraction of the cost. I am wondering whether the same can be done with the latex G2 neck seal. I know it can't be done with the silicone seals as they are moulded from one piece of silicone as they cannot be glued. Does that make sense?

Jerry.

The connection of the latex seal to the "zip part" is much thinner than on regular zip seals, although I don't see any reason why the seal couldn't be removed and a new one glued on.

Unfortunately I won't be ready for a new seal for a year or so, otherwise I would give it a try.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ever find anything out on this? I was considering mounting a new neck seal to an old set of rings as well. Heat seems like it'll melt the rings before it'll release the glue though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom