GLWC Spring Meet and Greet - Gilboa Quarry - May 2nd-4th, 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoneCrusher

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The Great Lakes Wrecking Crew Spring Meet and Greet

Dates: May 2nd through May 4th.

The some of the group is planning on dinner friday night at the Red Pig in Ottowa, Oh. RSVP is needed so we know how many people to expect for Friday night.

Typically everyone brings a dish to pass for either Saturday lunch or Saturday Dinner at the quarry.

Mike sets us up with wood for the bonfire and everyone can donate if they wish for paying for the wood at the office. Make sure you tell them it is for the GLWC wood fund.

I'm really looking forward to coming out and meeting a bunch of local divers.

Maybe it's a lame way to start, but I can bring a few batches of cookies. I'll also be bringing a fresh 5lb tub of talc for those who want some refills.

I guess there's a gear swap planned too, so bring your dusty gear!

Thanks scubastingray... Cookies are always a hit!

Yes, I am working to organize a gear swap area. I am bringing my 6x12 enclosed trailer that will be parked back by the turn around where we have the bonfire as well as the pot luck. My intent would be to have a swap area near my trailer. Cam and I are planning on bringing some small tables for gear to be put out. Will also bring a small tarp for other larger items like tanks and stuff.

Looking forward to a great weekend!

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk

Looking forward to another M&G! I'll be there the whole weekend. Coming in Friday morning and staying through to Sunday around lunchtime.

I only have a 3mm shortie. will that be ok? I don't have any friends, can someone be my dive buddy? I got 5 dives total, Can I buddy up with someone to dive the Deep side? Can I camp at Gilboa? do I need to make reservations?

You might be a bit warm in the 3mm shorty, but you can always flood throughout the dive to cool down.

and I know those were jokes, but what is the camping situation like at Gilboa? I've only been once so I know you can camp and I've seen the facilities, but do you reserve a site? They didn't seem to be numbered while I was there.

You might be a bit warm in the 3mm shorty, but you can always flood throughout the dive to cool down.

and I know those were jokes, but what is the camping situation like at Gilboa? I've only been once so I know you can camp and I've seen the facilities, but do you reserve a site? They didn't seem to be numbered while I was there.

This time of year no reservation are usually required. People camp in their own individual spot or a lot of people will cram in the area of the turn around so it is a short crawl to bed after a night of campfire and an Adult beverage or two..:wink:

Back
Top Bottom