What's that noise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveLvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was boat diving with a group of people and partnered with two people. I have a Cochran Gemini computer with Oceanic puck computer and one of my partners has a Atomic air inegrated and the other partner with a hollis puck. During the dive I hesrd a low pitched vibtrating noise. I thought it might have been a computer alarm. I looked at my computer and I saw no alarms nor were my partners computers showig any alarms. There wss close by a couple using u/w communication gearwith their full face masks. Could the noise I heard be those.

It was most likely an engine, from your boat or one nearby.

was your cell phone set to vibrate ?? haha sorry......

I was boat diving with a group of people and partnered with two people. I have a Cochran Gemini computer with Oceanic puck computer and one of my partners has a Atomic air inegrated and the other partner with a hollis puck. During the dive I hesrd a low pitched vibtrating noise. I thought it might have been a computer alarm. I looked at my computer and I saw no alarms nor were my partners computers showig any alarms. There wss close by a couple using u/w communication gearwith their full face masks. Could the noise I heard be those.

Where were you diving? What is it near?

The noise could have been from a large ship, or, for that matter, anything, unless you tell us where you were.

An address we can look up would be nice.

most likely was the sound of a passing boat. the sound travels quite a ways in the water. sometimes you look around and cannot see it but it is close by.
i suppose it is possible you may have heard the other divers talking but if it was a consistent steady low vibe, i would bet on a boat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom